Sunday, December 31, 2006

Welcome 2007

A few more sleeps and the year is going to close. And yes, sleep is what I think my family is about to do. While everywhere else, it's the sound of cymbals and gongs to welcome the New Year, in Seoul, it is very quiet. Most likely, Koreans prefer to spend this one-day holiday at home since the weather has really been a threat lately.

To usher the Year 2007 in, my family is going to make astronomical changes. Firstly, we are moving back to the Philippines, the home country. It's been 10 years now that I have lived in South Korea. And these two countries are extremely different in many ways. I don't know how quick and how well would I be able to adjust to this new phase in Life.

A new job opportunity has hastened our decisions to go back home. The offer is quite attractive and to think that I would be HOME, I could never think of any other better deal. But this also means that I might be in the office all the day and that I am sure would take a lot of getting used to. I have been comfortable with things as they are right now, a part-time job from home and the opportunity to be with my son 24/7.
But things can't be the same, I must realize that.

This also could be a the best chance for my Husband to pursue his interest in Cooking. He plans to enter the cooking school as soon as everything is settled. I am very proud and confident that he would be successful . If there is someone who would succeed in this field, that person would be my Husband. Actually, I gained a permanent 5-kilogram weight after I married him. It's ironic but I am happy.

My son will get to know my folks, his grandparents. They are very excited to see him very soon. They are just the best parents in the world for me. Truly, I am grateful to them. And I believe my son will be blessed in knowing them.

I will just have to figure my way around these changes. All I know for now is that I could smuggle my son into my office for an hour during working hours. My job is not that demanding or hectic I suppose. And since I am going to be manager, I guess I can get away with some things. Because not seeing him for long stretch of time is going to drive me crazy.

I have a lot of things that I will miss about 2006 but I can't be more excited for 2007 to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome 2008 and im still single how sad for me