Friday, December 29, 2006

I woke up chilled. I have always thought that I would be cold-free this whole winter time until today. My throat hurts and my chest heaves in pain when I cough. Ugh! I am feeling so miserable.

I got a call from my elder sister who is in the Philippines. She has been suffering from an unexplained illness. Different doctors have given their views and medications were prescribed. Still she found no relief. We thought it was Depression. However, knowing my sister, that will be the last kind illness that would inflict her.

She is an upbeat person. She loves to have fun. She cracks all the funny jokes. She just has this sunny personlity so it's hard to imagine that my sister gets depressed.

Yesterday, my Aunt brought her to a herbal Doctor. One look at the palm of her hand, this man asked my sister if she had a grocery store. She nodded to reply. And the man continued that some man had perform some sort of voodoo on her.

This event happened half a year ago. This man owed my sister 25$. My sister asked him to pay her. He got mad and raised hell in the neighborhood. My sister was scared to death. A few weeks later she started to change.

I am worried, very worried. She needs 200$ to get cured by the herbal doctor. And 200$ is a big amount in my country. Today they went to see him but they have no money with them. I hope they can go back by Monday.

No comments: