Tuesday, December 12, 2006

One of the Greatest Fathers

Recently, I read about the Korean-American guy, James KIM who suffered such a tragic death while looking for help when his family was stranded in the wilderness in the Oregon area. I was much saddened after reading the article. I could picture him, dragging his already numbed feet one after the other with such a great determination to rescue his family. I wondered how he felt while lying in the middle of nowhere not knowing if he could see his family again much less than finding help for them. Did he feel he was a failure? In his last moments James Kim did not have any certainty whether his family would be rescued. But I guess, that same Faith that propelled him to walk those long miles unhindered by the circumstances had probably given him all the Hope.

God bless your family James. You truly are one of the greatest fathers I have privileged to have known. May your kids grow in the same Faith as yours. May in their weakness, they find courage in your memory. You are a Hero.

No comments: