Wednesday, December 27, 2006


Since fire fascinates my son just like cars, trains and buses, I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to teach him about its dangers as well as its good uses. I was not surprised when I realized he was taking everything in eagerly. He was able to answer my check-up questions later on.

This activity was a lot of action for him. He sported this big-boy semblance and I looked at him proudly. I showed him a couple of times on how to whisk the melted crayon on to the paper and quickly he followed suit. Actually, I learned this way back in my elementary years. Now that I am able to pass this on to my son, I feel really good about it.




Things you will need:

a white piece of paper (a cardboard will be better)
waxed crayons
lighted candle

How to:

Place the crayon over the burning candle. Hold it until it starts to melt then whisk it on to the paper. Observe caution.

Enjoy!

No comments: